[Tagging] is explicit segregated tag needed on all ways allowing cyclists and pedestrians?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jan 4 11:13:01 UTC 2021

Jan 4, 2021, 10:51 by c933103 at gmail.com:

>> I see no problem with the "segregated" key.
>> It is only applicable to paths that carry explicit signs for bicycle=designated and foot=designted.
>>
>> It should be surface-independent, because there are (infrequent) cases of unpaved segregated foot-cyclepaths (I have seen them in parks). I have also seen cases of segregated foot-cycle paths where the pedestrians have pavement, and the cyclists do not, or vice versa.
>>

> I though most countries banned cycling on walkway or walking on cycleways, and thus when a path is being tagged as designated for both, it's more likely for the path ro in fact contain two separated parts each for walking and cycling?

In Poland >2 m wide sidewalk along road with >50 km/h max speed is automatically
allowing cycling.

Cycleway without footway along it is automatically allowing pedestrians.

Both can be negated by explicit signs.

Unsegregated combinations of footway and cycleway is very popular, more popular
than segregated version in many places.

(ciąg pieszo-rowerowy, see
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ci%C4%85g_pieszo-rowerowy;_Ulica_Zegad%C5%82owicza_w_Sosnowcu.jpg
)