[Tagging] Highway=rest_area on bicycle or foot routes ?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:15:48 UTC 2021

Yes, Paul. These are highway=services for bicycles also in my view. The
problem is, highway=services implies fuel (for cars). The example in the
Mapillary photo, is a bicycle route, but can also be reached by car, so
highway=services would be misleading. We codl use highway=services plus
fuel=no, but yacht would require the inclusion of fuel as default on
iway=service. I ythonk at present they are tagged by tagging the separate
services they offer, and tht is also the present state of affairs for the
area di sosta, which was ny original question.

Let's close it here.
I only asked to find out if someone had already found a fitting tagging  -
that seems not to be the case.
If someone has a splendid idea in the future, feel free to reopen the thread

Volker