[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Tue Jan 5 01:55:47 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 16:12 2021-01-04, Eric H. Christensen via Tagging đã viết:
> After reviewing the wiki page[0] regarding the types of relations, I'm not seeing a solution for what I'm trying to do.
>
> In an effort to make it easier to maintain several libraries that are all in the same system and share much of the same information (like opening_hours), I want to group these together in a relation so when these commonalities change it makes it much easier update and keeps the entire library system up to date.
>
> Is there an appropriate way to do this in a relation, today?

A relation isn't the most appropriate tool for the job [1], though some
mappers have used network relations to similar effect. [2] If the
library system isn't too large, you might find it more efficient to use
the find feature in JOSM or an Overpass turbo + iD workflow to
streamline the process of updating the tags on individual
amenity=library features.

A more forward-looking alternative would be to create a Wikidata item
representing the library system if it doesn't already exist and add an
opening time statement to it. [3] Then you can tag each amenity=library
feature in OSM with operator:wikidata=*. At the moment, it's unlikely
that any OSM data consumer is pulling opening times from Wikidata for
practical use, but this is an option for satisfying an immediate urge to
record the information somewhere.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations_are_not_categories
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:network
[3] https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P8626