[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Tue Jan 5 02:24:20 UTC 2021

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 21:04:41 -0500
Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:

> There's a continuum here, but to my mind a university, even if it's
> spread across a whole city, can be thought of a single site. The
> branches of a library system, perhaps less so...

Yes, I agree. I may have misunderstood the OP (apparently I have :) and
thought of a single library that is spread across a few buildings, not
something like a municipal library network. In the latter case I would
not expect them to share too many attributes, especially not the
opening hours, but that might differ of course.

Although I have to say in this context that I am not a big fan of an
overly strict interpretation of the "Relations are not Categories" rule.
IMHO OSM uses too few relations where it should (streetnames!)