[Tagging] >74% was: Feature Proposal - Voting - Rescue Stations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:57:33 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 5 Jan 2021, at 12:06, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> 26 yes votes and 9 no votes is
> 26/35 ≈ 74.3 %
>
> As result proposal with 26 yes votes and 9 no votes is above this threshold and
> less than three-quarters majority and passing under current rules.

indeed, somewhere the threshold had to be put, and this was more than 74%. I agree that the current counting rules for voting have some stupid problems (an additional no vote leading to passing a vote that otherwise wouldn’t have passed, in some circumstances), but that’s what people have documented and it generally “works”, questioning it again and again is counterproductive. If you’re seriously concerned, elaborate a counter proposal how to do it.

Cheers Martin