[Tagging] Cartpath RFC

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:29:43 UTC 2021

On 05/01/2021 02.59, Minh Nguyen wrote:
> Anyways, I'd think of a golf cart path as essentially a miniature road
> for miniature vehicles, as railway=miniature is to railway=rail or
> leisure=miniature_golf is to leisure=golf_course. I think there was some
> wisdom in separating those keys on the basis of their scale and how
> they're used.

...which suggests highway=miniature?

OTOH, it seems that "golf cart/car/buggy" is fairly common terminology
even when the vehicle in question is not intended for use on a golf
course. Such vehicles are also commonly used for security personnel
(sometimes indoors!) and groundskeepers. In particular, it's not
uncommon to see them anywhere people need improved mobility or hauling
capability where there are also a lot of people around. Malls, zoos,
airports, probably factories... Not all of these will definitely have
dedicated paths for such vehicles, but zoos might.

--
Matthew