[Tagging] RFC 2 - addr:interval

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:56:17 UTC 2021

as I have stated before, I would be interested in a tag that helped me formalize a description for the following situation:

1. posted housenumbers (for entrances and shop windows): 1 and 3 and 5 (individually)

2. business located at all of these addresses uses as address a housenumber range like 1-5 or 1/3/5

I am mapping the individual numbers at their spots, which is probably uncontested and without alternatives. Then I was using the combined address on the POI as advertised by them (in addr:housenumber). I was usually unsure how to do the range, and either copied literally what they used, or made semicolon separated lists. The former has the problem of inconsistent notation (different separators, hyphen notation leaving it unclear whether it is only even/odd numbers or both, and which numbers are existing (whether in 1-5 there’s maybe also a 3a hiding), the latter makes us loose the connection to what the POI uses as address, and may look confusing if presented to data users (semicolons do not typically appear in housenumbers around here)

Cheers Martin