[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Seth Deegan jayandseth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:58:03 UTC 2021

Or why not just OSMF members?

   - The Active Contributor Membership acts as a gateway and mapping days
   of one OSM account are accounted for.
   - Those who have a OSMF membership through a financial contribution (and
   may not map much) already have a vote in OSMF itself (the parent and
   way-more-important organization than tagging) and usually are experienced
   members of the community.
   - Members must be active yearly in order to maintain their membership.

Who can vote being dependent on mapping experience alone is quite limiting.

Nomatter who is voting, everyone has the expectation of reading and
questioning the proposal.

Every proposal should clarify what it is to do so that *anyone *can
understand it when they decide to vote, no matter their mapping, tagging,
or historical experience.

lectrician1 <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Lectrician1>