[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 6 09:04:07 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-06 09:51, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

> Again: please stop constantly insulting people.

I don't see this as an insult to the people, but as a criticism of the
system.

If we are perceived to have a problem, one of the basic rules for root
cause analysis is to NOT blame a person, but to look for weaknesses in
the process/system that have allowed things to happen. If our wiki is
indeed "of unclear value," for example because we don't make up our
minds whether it is leading or following (prescriptive vs descriptive),
then its current state is not the fault of the well-intentioned and
hard-working contributors, but of the lack of a quality gate / review
process that allows "anything" to go live on the wiki.