[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 22:55:40 UTC 2021

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 05:23, Lukas Richert <lrichert at posteo.de> wrote:

> This seems to be my current problem - half of commentors want everything
> quantified and described precisely. The other half now say it is
> "overworked" and too long. And the comments only come up during voting
> when I'm not supposed to change anything in the proposal anymore.

Yep! :-(

The Proposal Process page currently says that for voting "*At this point
there must be only one proposal on the page, which should not be changed
anymore, so it's clear what is being voted on*."

Maybe we need to modify this a bit: "Comments may only be made during RFC.
Once a proposal goes to voting, it is final" & then enforce it by
dis-allowing no votes that haven't raised comments, or asked questions,
earlier?

Thanks

Graeme