[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Thu Jan 7 08:19:22 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 22:39 2021-01-06, Graeme Fitzpatrick đã viết:

> On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 14:57, Joseph Eisenberg
> <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
> <mailto:joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     3) Proposed status (207)
>

> Further to that, once a proposal goes to Underway, if it hasn't then
> been moved to Voting within "3 months", then it automatically gets
> returned to Draft, so that it disappears from the Proposed list, & you,
> as the owner, get a message to say that has happened.

The automatic return to draft status is eminently doable with a tweak to
the existing proposal page status template. The notification would
require something more advanced, maybe an extension but more likely a bot.

If I remember correctly, until about six months ago, Yurikbot was
automatically updating data items to note each tag's status [1] based on
the proposal discussion statement [2]. Without that in place, a proposal
that automatically reverts to draft status based on the date in the
template would require manually editing the infobox of any corresponding
tag description page to note the new status. Perhaps the bot could be
revised to keep these things in sync once again.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Property:P6
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Property:P11

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us