[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Jan 7 09:05:13 UTC 2021

Jan 6, 2021, 23:55 by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 05:23, Lukas Richert <> lrichert at posteo.de> > wrote:
>

>> This seems to be my current problem - half of commentors want everything
>>  quantified and described precisely. The other half now say it is
>>  "overworked" and too long. And the comments only come up during voting
>>  when I'm not supposed to change anything in the proposal anymore.
>>

> Yep! :-(
>
> The Proposal Process page currently says that for voting "> At this point there must be only one proposal on the page, which should not be changed anymore, so it's clear what is being voted on> ."
>
> Maybe we need to modify this a bit: "Comments may only be made during RFC. Once a proposal goes to voting, it is final" & then enforce it by dis-allowing no votes that haven't raised comments, or asked questions, earlier?

I am ridiculously overactive here and on 2iki and I am still unable to follow all proposal
discussions.

It would mean that if some bad idea was introduced just before vote noone would be allowed
to mention it in their vote.

Also, that blocks people who agreed with raised comments and have not posted anything.