[Tagging] Sewage, tailings, and evaporators

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Sat Jan 9 08:20:58 UTC 2021

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 23:09:18 -0500
"Brian M. Sperlongano" <zelonewolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to "clear the way" for the reservoir definition, I believe we need
> to deal with these cases to explicitly exclude them from the reservoir
> definition.  I am planning to write up a proposal for this, but I'd like to
> run the concept by the community first to see if there is support.

I am not sure if shoving away what conflicts with your definitions in
the proposal is the best way to deal with this. ;) The problem seems to
me the unclear handling of fluids outside your current scope (water
directly related to human exploitation or safety). I have added my
thoughts to the talk page:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Reservoir#How_is_water.3Dreservoir_distinguished_from_water.3Dbasin_and_water.3Dpond.3F
I think the whole ordeal stems from our failure to clearly distinct
landuse from landcover in the past. This will continue to haunt us and
you are not to blame for this.