[Tagging] Sewage, tailings, and evaporators

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Jan 9 17:33:40 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 1/9/21 05:09, Brian M. Sperlongano wrote:
> 1. Deprecate the reservoir_type key, and water storage reservoirs would
> simply be tagged as a reservoir.
> 2. (reservoir tagging) + reservoir_type=sewage becomes landuse=basin +
> basin=sewage
> 3. (reservoir tagging) + reservoir_type=tailings becomes landuse=basin +
> basin=tailings
> 4. (reservoir tagging) + reservoir_type=evaporator becomes landuse=salt_pond

I think that any proposal along those lines should contain guidance for
people mapping without solid on-the-ground knowledge. I.e.: If I see
water on the aerial image, and it is clear enough that this is some
man-made thing, I couldn't say whether it stores drinking water or
sewage - what am I supposed to tag it as?

Bye
Frederik