[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:shop=rice for rice shops

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Sat Jan 9 20:02:51 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 08:09 2021-01-09, Martin Koppenhoefer đã viết:
> I welcome this proposal. Maybe the general definition can be changed
> slightly to describe the kind of shop without stating that it has to
> occur in Asia. While we do not typically have this kind of specialized
> rice shops around here, I could imagine you might find a few of them
> also in other regions (although reducing the offering to rice only is
> probably very exceptional elsewhere).

Agreed, it's a distinct and mainstream enough kind of store that it
doesn't need to be prevalent globally to have its own tag.

For what it's worth, in the U.S., you'd tend to get rice from Asian
specialty groceries and supermarkets. I don't recall seeing any rice
shops in Vietnamese neighborhoods, but maybe they exist in other Asian
immigrant communities. Almost by definition it would be considered an
imports store, which would likely carry other imported foods.

(I'm not sure how to tag an imports store in general. Cost Plus World
Market is apparently tagged shop=interior_decoration despite being where
I used to get my Tim Tams. I did not use them for decoration.)

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us