[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tailing ponds

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:58:02 UTC 2021

In the December discussion, there seemed to be pretty broad agreement that
these weren't water (in Martin's words, any more than beer or milk are
water).

The other option I've considered was as a basin, but those tags also are
documented as being water-related features.

Perhaps a better top-level key is man_made, and it could be
man_made=tailing_pond?  That avoids the landuse problem, and lets you put
it on top of a landuse=industrial or quarry without having overlapping
landuse.