[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tailing ponds

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Jan 10 08:05:09 UTC 2021

The tag man_made=tailing_pond works for me.  So might something re-worked in "reservoir" namespace.  We are open.

Let's not kid ourselves that it can be difficult to do what we do here.  The more knowledge that is brought to the table (of OSM, of renderer possibilities and potential pitfalls, of linguistics, of differences in dialects, of tagging in general, of natural, physical, chemical and biological systems and processes, of cartography past, present and future...) the better.

I've also seen many tailing ponds which in real life are some of the most eerie, surreal colors of any water I've ever seen.  Dissolved minerals can do amazing things with compounds and crystals and color.