[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (ogham_stone)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:10:25 UTC 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 12:43, Anne-Karoline Distel <annekadistel at web.de>
wrote:

> I noticed that there is a tag for rune stones, but not for Ogham stones,
> so I created a proposal in the hopes to create more relevance of OSM in
> Ireland. They are not just found in Ireland, though.

I've mapped the ones I know of in Wales as historic=memorial since
they tend to have inscriptions like ᚈᚏᚓᚅᚐᚌᚒᚄᚔᚋᚐᚊᚔᚋᚐᚊᚔᚈᚏᚓᚅᚔ
(this one also has the Latin "TRENEGUSSI FILI MACUTRENI HIC IACIT"
which is generally interpreted as "Of Trenegussus, son of Macutrenus, he
lies
here").

Do you have examples that aren't memorials?

Either way, stone_type=ogham might be a good idea to allow these to
be found with a search.

--
Paul