[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (ogham_stone)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:22:07 UTC 2021

Hello,

On 10/01/2021 12:27, Anne-Karoline Distel wrote:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/ogham_stone

The current usage of "stone_type" can be seen at:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=stone_type#values

There isn't much usage of that tag at all, and none of
stone_type=ogham_stone.  How are the ones that you know of currently tagged?

Searching taginfo by name finds a few options:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=ogham#values

To start with I'd probably suggest just tagging the ones that you know
of locally as something appropriate to get the ball rolling.

Separately to the "how best to tag" discussion, I'd be happy to add
something to https://map.atownsend.org.uk (which covers Ireland) to show
them as something distinctive, if some way of identifying them beyond
text in the name can be found.

Best Regards,

Andy