[Tagging] Medical imaging facility

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:42:45 UTC 2021

On 10/01/2021 12:11, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 12:01, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com
> <mailto:pelderson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com <mailto:pla16021 at gmail.com>>:
>

>         Radiology is about using invisible rays (X-Rays, radio waves
>         from nuclear
>         magnetic resonance, ultrasound, etc.) to look inside patients.
>

>     Those are medical imaging applications of radiology, except
>     ultrasound.
>

> If you're a physicist, that is correct.  If you're in a hospital, those
> (including ultrasound) are in the radiology department.

That's mostly the case in the hospital nearest to me in the UK, although
there there's a also split between "front of house" operation such as
e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4874818040 for long-term cancer
care, and imaging (https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4874818039/history
for some treatments, https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4790808365
downstairs for most others).

I believe that there are ultrasound imaging rooms adjacent to some of
the X Ray ones upstairs there.

How this is done, even across one health system, is likely to vary though,

Best Regards,

Andy