[Tagging] Medical imaging facility

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:08:40 UTC 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 13:45, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2021 12:11, Paul Allen wrote:
>

> If you're a physicist, that is correct.  If you're in a hospital, those
> (including ultrasound) are in the radiology department.
>
> I believe that there are ultrasound imaging rooms adjacent to some of the
> X Ray ones upstairs there.

I think ultrasound is in a separate room to X-Ray/CAT/MRI in the big
hospital near me.  Adjacent rooms, though, and all in the same department
called radiology.

Endoscopy was nearby but not in the radiology department.  That
probably counts as medical imaging, though.  So there appears to
be a distinction, in one hospital, between radiology and medical
imaging in general.  Maybe Joseph can enlighten us.

--
Paul