[Tagging] landuse=depot?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:49:26 UTC 2021

I do not see why we always create new duplicate taggings, introducing
additional layers that often even cause additional problems.
More alternative mapping we have for the sma concept more difficukt the job
of the data users.

The original page form abot 2017 was perfectly fine in my view.
It resolved my perplexity about whether a bus depot is landuse=commercial
or landuse=industrial or landuse=X.
The page correctly proposed to us depot=bus and I was done.
Similarly a large container "port" (train - lorry) with huge cranes and
warehouses and everything. Is that industrial or commercial? Nothing is
produced there, so industrial is not correct, nothing is sold there, so
commercial is out as well. Landuse=depot plus depot=container would fit
perfectly.
NB At present it's double tagged with two overlapping polygons:
landuse=railway and landuse =indstrial - this needs sorting out.

We also have a tram depot.
It is actually tagged without any landuse. The tram garage building is
"yes" and then there are rails outside the building. This one could do with
a landuse=depot plus depot=tram.  Again it's neither commercil nor
industrial.