[Tagging] Medical imaging facility

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Sun Jan 10 15:38:12 UTC 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 14:08:40 +0000
Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 13:45, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 10/01/2021 12:11, Paul Allen wrote:
> >

> > If you're a physicist, that is correct.  If you're in a hospital, those
> > (including ultrasound) are in the radiology department.
> >
> > I believe that there are ultrasound imaging rooms adjacent to some of the
> > X Ray ones upstairs there.
> >
> I think ultrasound is in a separate room to X-Ray/CAT/MRI in the big
> hospital near me.  Adjacent rooms, though, and all in the same department
> called radiology.
>
> Endoscopy was nearby but not in the radiology department.  That
> probably counts as medical imaging, though.  So there appears to
> be a distinction, in one hospital, between radiology and medical
> imaging in general.  Maybe Joseph can enlighten us.

I want to point out that the initial subject was not related to
hospitals at all. There are external facilities that specialize on
these diagnostics only in some places. This subthread will only become
relevant when we start tagging hospital interiors. We most certainly
would not want to do that with a simple healthcare=* tag.