[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:shop=rice for rice shops

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Sun Jan 10 16:25:59 UTC 2021

On 1/9/2021 8:40 AM, Mariko HISAKAWA/GODA wrote:
> Hello, I'd like to propose a way to tag rice stores and have created a
> proposal page.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Rice_shop
>
> Despite the fact that rice shops are quite important in countries and
> regions where rice is people's staple food, they are not properly
> tagged.

I'm in agreement with Stefanct on the comments page -- shop=food +
food=rice is better. Not because a rice shop isn't a distinct or
cultural important concept -- I fully believe that it is -- but because
there's a value to being able to query the database for food shops
without having to specify an ever-growing list of every possible food item.

Jason