[Tagging] Is shelter=separate wanted? What is the meaning of shelter=yes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:35:59 UTC 2021

Am Di., 12. Jan. 2021 um 10:50 Uhr schrieb Stefan Tauner <
stefan.tauner at gmx.at>:

> On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:41:14 +0100
> Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > the concept is already quite established for sidewalks (93k), moderate
> use
> > for cycleways (5,8k), only 3 for atms currently.
> > https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=separate#values
>
> Yes, we have a lot of bad things in the database. What's your point
> exactly? There exists an established way to relate bus shelters to their
> stations. No need to use another broken concept to try to do the same
> thing just worse.

Can you be more explicit about the working concept? What was your point,
adding the shelters in a public transport stop area relation (which is
often not existing yet, i.e. all these relations would have to be set up,
there are 290k stop area relations and 850k shelter=* on bus stops). What
will we do with atms, will we need a relation for all object classes for
which there are also properties on different objects?

Cheers
Martin