[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=centre

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 07:13:04 UTC 2021

So it sounds like there is no opposition to my original request: That we
discourage the use of healthcare=centre, since it does not have any
particular meaning (beyond "a healthcare facility of any kind"), and
encourage mappers to use more specific tags like
hospital/clinic/doctors/dentist/laboratory/etc.

We will need a couple of new tags like medical_imaging and
vaccination_centre (currently voting is almost done for
healthcare=vaccination_centre and it appears it will be approved),
heathcare=hospital_ward, heathcare=emergency_ward, etc.

But it would be better to encourage mappers to just use a new value, like
healthcare=sample_collection or healthcare=lice_removal or
healthcare=common_name_of_feature rather than picking the generic
healthcare=center, right?

-- Joseph Eisenberg