[Tagging] tag for wards was: Deprecate healthcare=centre

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 08:43:39 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 10 Jan 2021, at 21:15, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> healthcare=operating_suite, healthcare=trauma_ward, healthcare=dialysis,  healthcare=medical_imaging, healthcare=labor_and_delivery, etc. - this allows these tags to be used in hospitals or also in specialized outpatient centres, like a birthing center, medical imaging center, or outpatient surgery center.

IMHO some of these should be more explicitly worded to make it clear they are about a facility and not a specialty, namely:
dialysis
medical_imaging
labor_and_delivery

(these sound like specialties and would be misused as properties if we don’t make it clear they represent a physical object, e.g. medical_imaging_facility (yes, it’s longer).

Regarding labor and delivery, there are also other hospitals and wards specialized in women, gynecological wards not related to giving birth, but for example to treating cancer or other diseases of female organs, and their counterpart, urological wards for men. I guess technically labor and delivery would be a subset of gynecological, but it might merit its own top level class because it’s quite different (treating mostly healthy people with short staying time).

Cheers Martin