[Tagging] Deprecating operational_status and especially values such as operational_status=closed

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:22:30 UTC 2021

I recall having seen this tag in areas in Africa on water pumps, my guess was it is used in humanitarian mapping?

The mostly used value is “operational” and 73% have a source:date tag, i.e. it is maybe more of a QM tag than used in alternative to disused:*, although we generally assume a feature is operational, otherwise it isn’t the feature it is tagged as, you can have a source:date tag and still operational_status=operational would seem superfluous.

Cheers Martin