[Tagging] RFC 2 - addr:interval

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:18:52 UTC 2021

Am Do., 14. Jan. 2021 um 10:08 Uhr schrieb Peter Elderson <
pelderson at gmail.com>:

> interval 1 works for letters too.

sure, what I meant was to tell that addr:housenumber 1-2 means 1, 1a, 1b,
1c, 1d, 1e, 1f, 1g, 2
or even that 1-3 means 1, 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, 1f, 1g, 3 (odd numbering,
hence no 2)

For my area (and likely for all consecutively (spatially) structured
housenumbers) you can actually safely assume that 1-2 means to contain also
all 1letter, so maybe it would be good enough to not being able to tell
whether there is an implicit 1a, 1b, 1c, ... because a geocoder should
understand that 1b is between 1 and 2 (or 3)? Generally I am striving to
get all posted housenumbers, even if they are very close, but the challenge
is associating a POI address (with quite possibly a range, around here) and
the individual (housenumbered) entrances (a relation would be overkill).

Cheers,
Martin