[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=centre

António Madeira antoniomadeira at gmx.com
Thu Jan 14 22:32:06 UTC 2021

Recently, we had the same discussion in the Portuguese community,
because it's common to have public healthcare centres that are not
hospitals and which have several buildings and/or areas inside with
different purposes. The conclusion is that we should map the main area
or building with healthcare=yes and each specific building with
amenity=clinic.
The conclusion was that amenity=clinic and healthcare=centre would mean
the same thing and we opted for the more ubiquitous tag.

See example in the Portuguese wiki:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pt:Tag:amenity%3Dclinic#Exemplo