[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=centre

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:38:08 UTC 2021

Here's my example:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/895343664#map=19/45.50247/-122.42525

I've previously mentioned that I practice Family Medicine in the East
County Health Center:
https://multco.us/primary-care-and-dental/east-county-health-center
https://multco.us/service-locations/east-county-health-center

The sign on the building says"Multnomah County East" but this is not the
name of the clinic, just the building.
https://multco.us/buildings/multnomah-county-east

The top floor includes a pharmacy and our clinic, which provides care in
Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Internal Medicine, Behavioral
Health...
Our clinic has a laboratory inside as well where you can have blood samples
collected and tests are done (e.g. antigen tests for COVID, CBC, etc)
There is a dental clinic and a Senior Center (community centre) on the
ground floor.
There are also social services offices on the middle floor.
We currently have a covid testing site in the parking lot, with tents. No
public vaccinations yet, maybe soon?

I've tagged the building as name=Multnomah County East since this seems to
be the name of the whole building, though not the name of the clinic or
pharmacy.

Tag the clinic as amenity=clinic +
healthcare:speciality=family_medicine;paediatrics;internal etc + name="East
County Health Center"
The pharmacy is a separate node with amenity=pharmacy:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8322530559 "East County Pharmacy"
The dental clinic is a separate node with amenity=dentist -
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8322530571 "East County Dental Clinic"
The Senior Center is a separate node with amenity=community_centre -
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8322530557 "Gresham Senior Center"
The WIC program is amenity=social_facility + social_facility=outreach
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7581150329
The Veterans Services office is amenity=social_facility -
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7593049133

And there are a few more offices which could be mapped, like the Voting
Center (used during elections).

I could also map some prior outpatient medical buildings where I've worked
with this same method, e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/6572413

-- Joseph Eisenberg

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 1:48 PM Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can you please provide an example of one of these buildings so we can
talk about a particular situation?

> In particular, I would like an example where amenity=clinic would not be
appropriate, and where it would not work to have the building=* with a
name=* plus separate nodes for each office or clinic tagged as an
amenity=doctors, amenty=clinic, amenty=pharmacy or healthcare=laboratory?