[Tagging] healthcare=sample_collection

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:47:51 UTC 2021

The problem with "phlebotomy" is that it translates automatically to
"phlebotomia" in Spanish which means "bloodletting" like they used to do in
the 1700s.

And in French it translates to phlébotomie: "Incision d'une veine pour
pratiquer une saignée." " Incision of a vein to perform bleeding."

So I expect many people will be confused by this tag, or not know what to
look for.

Hence the suggestion for "blood draw".

-- Joseph Eisenberg