[Tagging] healthcare=sample_collection

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 11:30:42 UTC 2021

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 09:49, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Do., 14. Jan. 2021 um 23:12 Uhr schrieb Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com
> >:
>
> IMHO, we shoud strive for a simpler term here, e.g. blood_draw, which
> seems "easier" english then the specific medical term.

For this British English speaker, "blood draw" is strange.  Admittedly
I don't watch US TV shows based in medical setting, so maybe many
of my compatriots understand it.  My first thought was they handed out
red crayons so we could draw some blood.  Then I figured out it meant
withdrawing blood, not drawing blood.  So like donating blood to a
transfusion service, right?

How about blood_sampling (where "sampling" is a gerund)?

--
Paul