[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 136, Issue 170

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 16 12:51:41 UTC 2021

Having now looked back at the discussion thread of December (thanks to @Colin Smale for pointing the way there), I think that "addr:parentstreet=*" would be the best treatment for my use case; it already has almost 3,600 uses, according to TagInfo, but is not documented in the Wiki page for Key:addr.

At the risk of opening a can or worms, I propose to create a proposal to add "addr:parentstreet=*" to the Keg:addr page (so I suppose this email is a meta proposal!).

I am not aware of any previous formal proposal, or existing definition that would conflict.  Before I start drafting, does anyone want to object (or offer help) to the principle of raising such a proposal?

Regards,Peter