[Tagging] Street and Sub-Street in Address Tagging

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 18:17:11 UTC 2021

> >> A slightly nerdy explanation of all these data elements can be found
> here: https://ideal-postcodes.co.uk/documentation/paf-data#thoroughfare

> It started well enough, ... But as I read further it completely sapped my
will to live.

Ministry of Silly Walks must have been involved in designing this:

*double_dependant_locality    <string>"When the same thoroughfare name
reoccurs in a Post town, it may not be possible to make it dependant on a
dependant thoroughfare. In this case the thoroughfare is dependant on a
locality. "For example if we want to find 1 Back Lane in Huddersfield we
see that there are three."double_dependant_locality   <string>"Used to
supplement Dependant Locality.""A Double Dependant Locality supplied along
with a Dependant Locality if the Dependant Locality exists twice in the
same locality."*

Fortunately it seems that this is not really needed, since the postcode for
each of these "premises" will be different?

(PS: I actually read the link outloud to my family. We did not lose the
will to live, but we did laugh)

-- Joseph Eisenberg