[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Military Bases

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Jan 17 10:50:18 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:19 PM António Madeira <antoniomadeira at gmx.com> wrote:
> I'm all in favour of only allowing voting to real OSM accounts
> Would the community support a change to the yes/no/abstain templates, to add a parameter where someone might specify their OSM username?

FWIW, I support this.  I get annoyed by “red-linked” users I can’t look up or contact — that’s not very OSM-like.  While I deeply respect privacy (and demand it in certain circumstances) as a basic human right, “Open” is our first name.  Votes should have some sense of “secrecy,” but in an open project, that’s a ticklish / difficult thing to achieve the right balance of to please everybody.