[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Military Bases

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Jan 17 10:57:11 UTC 2021

Jan 17, 2021, 11:50 by steveaOSM at softworkers.com:

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:19 PM António Madeira <antoniomadeira at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm all in favour of only allowing voting to real OSM accounts
>> Would the community support a change to the yes/no/abstain templates, to add a parameter where someone might specify their OSM username?
>>

> FWIW, I support this.  I get annoyed by “red-linked” users I can’t look up or contact — that’s not very OSM-like.  While I deeply respect privacy (and demand it in certain circumstances) as a basic human right, “Open” is our first name.  Votes should have some sense of “secrecy,” but in an open project, that’s a ticklish / difficult thing to achieve the right balance of to please everybody.

I have no problem with anonymous accounts - but I want voters to have accounts linked
to OSM mapper accounts.

What abut adding to vote template
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposal_process#Voting

"Please use wiki account with the same name as acount used for mapping.

If for some reason this is impossible, please add link at your user pages
at OSM Wiki and in your user profile at openstreetmap.org that mentions
accounts which you operate,"

?

Or something similar?