[Tagging] Denominations vs religions organisations

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 15:37:40 UTC 2021

Yes, I also would not wake up the sleeping gods.
Also I would use the operator tag, as there are cases that a church is
operated by one denomination, but used by several of them.
The biggest example I am aware of is the "Evangelische Kirche in
Deutschland" which is comprised of some 20 participant church
organisations, who operate their church buildings together in the sense
that the functions are held according to the rites of the denomination that
owns the church building, but the functions are attended by members of all
denominations. In many cases even the members of these denominations are
not aware of which one they belong. Essentially in Germany the two largest
denominations would be "evangelisch" or "protestantisch" (which is
different from "evangelical" in the US sense of the word) and
"katholisch".

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>