[Tagging] noaddress=yes and (possibly) implicit buildings

Matija Nalis mnalis-openstreetmaplist at voyager.hr
Sun Jan 17 23:34:54 UTC 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:03:22 +0100, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 20:54:44 +0100 (CET)
> Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
>> "signage on the ground and official database conflict each other"
>> seems to qualify as unclear case to me.
>
> But it isn't unclear for anybody - not for the post man, nor any other
> deliver services, or the residents, or any other locals; only for
> people blindly following rules. Sometimes the on-the-ground rule is not
> applicable but one has to rely on local knowledge and one's brain.

While I agree that address that everyone uses is the one that should be
preferred, I do not see it as very much relevant for original question of
this thread.

Surely such mismatches are exception and not a rule, and would be marked
with a note including picture from on-the-ground mapper for later
reconciliation?

It seems much better option to me than NOT mapping ANY of the addresses on
the ground (or in the official database) because of fear that some extremly
small percentage of them might be less relevant for some groups of people
(eg. locals or postman)?

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.