[Tagging] Miniature railways and park trains

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:50:31 UTC 2021

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 at 10:18, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 09:58:35 +1000
> Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe that's what attraction=train should become?
>
> If that tag would not have been used for various other things and is
> currently documented to mean something else then I would agree. It is a
> bit like healthcare=centre though where it is very hard to (re)define it
> without editing all the existing instances - the good thing is that
> there are way less so in the case of attraction=train this is actually
> viable.
> Alternatives would be to use attraction=miniature_train or
> mini_train (both have been used already but very scarcely). This also
> reflects the commonalities of these rides with railway=miniature
> pretty well.

OK, how about
railway=miniature for "real" miniature trains
attraction=train for the car / tractor "fake" engine pulling a string of
cars, usually not on tracks
attraction=train_ride for the children's ride?

We should probably also consider toy=railway for scale railway modelling!

& when I look, toys:model_railway=yes / only is in use 96 times!

I don't really understand that tag though? I think it may be intended to be
a sub-tag for shop=toy?

Perhaps hobby=model_railway?

Thanks

Graeme