[Tagging] How to tag a street plaque?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Mon Jan 18 02:59:22 UTC 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 23:40:49 -0300
António Madeira <antoniomadeira at gmx.com> wrote:

> There's inscription=*, which could be used with memorial=plaque,
> although the ones I pointed out are not memorial plaques, but street
> plaques.

Inscription would be used additionally to quote the text on the plague
but this would not allow you to tag the type.
I would say that these plaques are *both*, street name signs and
commemorative plaque. Since we don't have dedicated tags for street
name signs, memorial=plaque is the next best thing for these cases.