[Tagging] etymology was: How to tag a street plaque?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jan 18 11:04:24 UTC 2021

Jan 18, 2021, 11:44 by voschix at gmail.com:

> I also remember some discussion about some mappers adding the Wikipedia link to the age of the person in the street name. I remember that people did not like it, as it was link not to the street, but to the personality in the name of the street.

It is definitely wrong to put it into wikipedia tag, it is to be used only for articles about
the feature (for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floria%C5%84ska_Street is about
street and linkable in wikipedia tag).

But name:etymology:wikipedia may be more reasonable
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/name%3Aetymology%3Awikipedia

Though I a still a bit dubious about this extra wikipedia/wikidata tags.