[Tagging] List of obviously needed improvements to OSM Wiki

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jan 18 11:20:55 UTC 2021

Jan 18, 2021, 01:00 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> On 17 Jan 2021, at 13:30, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>
>> (C)
>>
>> status info is missing and should be added (see
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag_status>>  ):
>> * >> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:taxi
>>
> de facto

makes sense, edited

>> (2)
>> amenity=waste_dump_site (increase by 6991 in last 100 days):
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=waste_dump_site
>>

> how does this compare to landfill?

I created wiki page for that based on changeset discussion with HOT mappers who used it
and Overpass Turbo research - turns out to be used for places where people illegally dump
trash.

Help with remaining ones would be welcome (and if someone has problem with
amenity=waste_dump_site <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=waste_dump_site> they can discuss it with mappers who used it or proposed
a better tagging and introduce it)

landuse=parcel for example looks very suspicious - but it requires checking
is it
- undiscused import (in such case revert it or locate changesets that
added it and ask for help in reverting, for example here)
- discussed import (more complicated)
- an organic use (deprecate proposal? Access as de facto? Find tagging replacement?)