[Tagging] Denominations vs religions organisations

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 13:33:14 UTC 2021

On 17/01/2021 16.57, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> The problem here is that we would end up with different names in each
> language, so it wouldn't be much use for search or categorization unless
> you already knew what you were looking for.

I don't think that's actually the issue you think it is. Aside from
Catholic and the various flavors of Orthodox, I don't believe
denominations tend to be multinational *anyway*. As elsewhere noted,
"Evangelical" means something very different in the US than what it
means in Germany. So you *already* need to know what to look for on a
regional level.

--
Matthew