[Tagging] List of obviously needed improvements to OSM Wiki

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 14:31:15 UTC 2021

Am Mo., 18. Jan. 2021 um 12:24 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org>:

> Jan 18, 2021, 01:00 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:
>

> landuse=parcel for example looks very suspicious - but it requires checking
> is it
> - undiscused import (in such case revert it or locate changesets that
> added it and ask for help in reverting, for example here)
> - discussed import (more complicated)
> - an organic use (deprecate proposal? Access as de facto? Find tagging
> replacement?)

It clearly stems from an import and is not organic use. I have rarely seen
a case as clear as this:
https://taghistory.raifer.tech/#***/landuse/parcel

I find it hard to believe that such tagging has passed a formal import
process, but it is not 100% sure.

> * https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:zone:TEC
>
> discouraged (abbreviation)/to deprecate

I take this back, please cancel my deprecation request, while it is also
clearly an import / automatic tagging (may have been introduced via formal
procedures), apparently there are people who love the tag, and unlike
landuse=parcel it seems ok on a semantic level :)
https://taghistory.raifer.tech/#***/zone:TEC/

Cheers
Martin