[Tagging] Miniature railways and park t rains

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 22:51:16 UTC 2021

The borders bewteen categories are overlapping.
On Rails
There are pure model railways on public display (no rides).
There are model railways where you can ride around a track.
There are small railways (smaller than narrow gage) where you can ride
around a larger track
There are small railways (smaller than narrow gage) that serve as
attractions within attractions (like wildlife parks or amusement parks)
There are smaller than narrow-gage railways that provide regular passenger
service  (I suppose t least)
There are plenty of narrow gauge historic trains.
There a plenty of full gauge historic trains
There are countries where the entire network runs on narrow gauge like
Tunisia or Japan (with the exception of high-speed lines).
And then there a full-gage trains.

Then there the fun-fair attraction trains on rails

On tyres
The already mentioned Dotto trains (these are really more or less disguised
cars  or small trucks  with trailers)
They often run on predefined  routes within theme parks,
Others run a regular local-bus-like service with timetables.
These are really not trains at all.

To my knowledge all outdoors rail-based systems are tagged as railway in OSM

I don't know about the amusement park railways

I have only come across very few Dotto-Train-type services. I remember at
least one off-hand that is tagged as a bus line.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>