[Tagging] Miniature railways and park t rains

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:29:50 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 18 Jan 2021, at 23:53, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There are smaller than narrow-gage railways that provide regular passenger service  (I suppose t least)

according to the wiki, all tracks below the usual gauge for the region are considered railway=narrow_gauge if there are passenger or freight trains running on them, including touristic use and mining operations.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dnarrow_gauge

There’s no size difference on the narrow gauge page, but the miniature railway page has it:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dminiature

where is the limit between miniature and narrow gauge, or is it about the scope of the route?

Cheers Martin