[Tagging] List of obviously needed improvements to OSM Wiki

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:40:32 UTC 2021

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 07:52, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> If someone wants to play with Overpass Turbo to locate changets that
> introduced this
> (for checking is it revertable as undiscussed import) but is unaware how
> this can be done
> - let me know and I will document it on wiki :)

In regard to OT, when I use it, it frequently times out at 26 seconds.

Error message: *runtime error: Query timed out in "query" at line 12 after
26 seconds.*

I've always assumed that I was asking for results for too big an area, as
it then usually works when I zoom down to the UK, or Eastern US only, but
that then makes it very hard to look at all instances of that result.
Having said that, though, other times it will happily return results for
the entire world in one go?

Am I doing something wrong, or could it be a limitation of my laptop?

Thanks

Graeme