[Tagging] Proposal vote: change vote counting rules

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jan 19 09:38:15 UTC 2021

Jan 19, 2021, 10:23 by marc_marc at mailo.com:

> Le 19.01.21 à 09:44, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging a écrit :
>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/change_vote_counting_rules
>>

> ho sorry, I miss the RFC.
>
> could you cut the proposal in half?

A bit too late, but if someone disagrees with any part:
just vote against and note why.

If it will fail due to people disliking something specific I will
split it into parts and return with either reduced proposal or
multiple ones (though there may be a delay due to my plan to
have no more than one of my proposal in vote stage at once)

> As much as I am totally in favour of improving the wording of the number
> of voters to avoid the current absurd situation, as I said before, the
> wording of the second point is bad:
> the formulation of invalid votes has nothing to do with the counting
> section, I can't remember where it's already written, but that's where
> you need to improve if necessary the formulation of who is allowed to
> vote (one vote per person, and your new criterion of being involved,
> while wondering how you're going to check this without adding to the
> current bureaucracy : osmf have already 2 rules for voting, why
> everybody need "their own rule because others are wrong" ?)

Not sure which OSMF rules you mean, proposal voting is working
in a quite different way from OSMF votes - for good reasons.