[Tagging] Tag: Military Base & base functions

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Tue Jan 19 11:41:41 UTC 2021

Hi Graeme, all,

I have been through both the military=base and military_service=* pages and made a few edits.

I have also added references to both the new tags in all the military=* pages (I think). Additionally, I have set military=naval_base as depreciated and suggested military=base, military_service=Navy as its replacement. I have left military=airfield as it could be independent or linked to, but outside of, a base.

One other big change I’ve made is to the military=barracks page. The English version now explicitly states that barracks are usually part of a larger base or installation and so that larger installation should be tagged as military=base (even if that base is called Something Barracks). There is still a little uncertainty over whether barracks applies to buildings only, or an area inside a base where multiple living quarters/buildings are located.

Nathan